Accountants in Shropshire

Accountants in Shropshire

Shropshire  Accountants

Having a good firm of accountants on your side will ensure that you have all the information and support that you need to help your business grow and flourish. They can offer advice and help you comply with accounting and tax requirements.

If you are self employed or run a small enterprise in Shropshire, it makes sense to use Accountants or Bookkeepers also based in Shropshire. Local accountancy firms that are prepared to help small business and new business start ups in the area are listed below.

Peter Geary & Co Ltd

Accountancy, Taxation and Business advice for the rural, small business community of Shropshire, Powys and Mid Wales.

At Peter Geary & Co Ltd. Chartered Accountants we want to hold your hand and guide you through the maze of regulation, bureaucracy and accountancy regulation that is often involved in starting and running a business.

As a small firm each member of staff recognises the individual needs of our clients and works closely with them to understand their requirements, assist them in reaching their goals. We offer a wide range of services to enable clients to meet their accounting and taxation obligations with a proactive and client driven focus.

Our aim is to form lasting, meaningful relationships with our clients providing you with the information and the services you need to run your business and your financial life in a profitable and stress free way.

We look forward to hearing from you. You can contact us by any of the following means:-

Peter Geary Chartered Accountants
31 Church Street
Bishops Castle
Shropshire SY9 5AD

TEL : O1588 638174


Your Questions Answered

If run your own business in Shropshire and would like to learn more about accounts, bookkeeping, National Insurance, or VAT, we have compiled a library of frequently asked questions which we hope that you will find both interesting and useful. You can also ask your own question and, with the help of our expert panel, we will do our best to provide you with the answer.

Latest Accountancy Questions Answered

Expenses. What expenses can I claim now that I am self employed?
The rather glib answer is "Anything that relates to your business". Whilst this is generally true, there are some expenses which, although genuine business expenses, are specifically excluded from tax relief, such as:

Planning Ahead. Starting a New Business: The First Sturdy Timbers
The sturdy oak posts were at least 10 feet long. They had been hewn from mature oak trees that had all been felled in the Spring of 2049 BC.

Cloud Accounting. 11 Reasons to a Choose Cloud Accounting Solution
You're starting a business. You're scared but really excited. You finally get to be your own boss and focus on what you're good at and be free from office politics, the bureaucracy of filling in endless forms or being sent in all directions. Often the scary bit is dealing with the finances. You've never had to do that part before and it's doing your head in. Well, here's a suggestion. Get your head in the cloud.

Using an Accountant. Why Use An Accountant?
The reasons for using an accountant rather than doing your own accounts.

Tax. When the Taxman Calls
The HMRC can come knocking on your door about any of the following government taxes: personal income tax and corporation tax, capital taxes (such as capital gains tax and inheritance tax), value added tax (VAT), excise duties and stamp duty land tax, environmental taxes such as Air Passenger Duty and the climate change levy, National Insurance contributions, child benefit and some other forms of state support including the Child Trust Fund, payments of Tax Credits and so on.

See full list of accountancy articles


If you offer a product or service that can help new business start ups or existing small businesses in the Shropshire area, we would love to promote you here free of charge. (Add Your Link) Offer corporate advice and have established a wide range of professional services aiming to satisfy their requirements. These include: Financial Management and Accounting; Legal; Hospitality and Tourism; Real Estate and Investments."These services are managed by experienced chartered accountants, lawyers and executives ensuring quality and efficiency in all the areas that are provided, beneficial to the management of the client’s business operation." Based in Larnaca. | (00357) 99695825

Living and Doing Business in Cyprus

Living and Doing Business in Cyprus An informative website which covers property advice, business advice and legal advice on Cyprus. The business section is supported by KPMG and explains the different business types on the island |

80:20 Performance Solutions Ltd
80:20 Performance Solutions is a specialist business consultancy with clients at all stages of the business life cycle from start ups to international organisations. We help business leaders achieve their success through a variety of consultative ...

Specialist in helping small local businesses, from sole traders to limited companies. Services include accounting, taxation, payroll, VAT, cashflow. Free initial consultation. Monthly payment ...

Are You An Accountant?
Seahorse (UK) Limited offers a range of services to accountants and bookkeepers. Whether you are thinking of starting your own practice, have recently started, or are in practice and are looking for a new direction. We aim to give you the support ...

Crundell & Co Chartered Certified Accountants
Shropshire based accountants helping small business owners and ...

Simple record keeping applications for mobile devices
To help small businesses with record keeping on the go, the commercial software industry, following consultation with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), are producing simple record keeping mobile applications for businesses below the VAT threshold. These ...

Spreadsheet Giveaway
£9.99 for an an Accounting system specifically designed for new start business! Designed to be as easy as possible to use and just £9.99 for LIFETIME USE!!! PLUS... 100% money back ...

TaxAssist Accountants
Local accountancy practice specialising in helping local businesses with their accountancy, payroll, VAT and tax. Fixed fee quotes, payable by interest free instalments, no additional charges for meeting, calls letters etc, proactive tax advice. ...

Back to top

Find Networking Events

Bartercard Blog of the day